Happiness is a choice you can make everyday View More
While you think about the things you don’t have.
There is someone who is being grateful for what they got.
While you count the sorrows in your life.
There is someone who is counting their blessings.
While you see the half cup empty.
There is someone who sees their half cup full.
While you wait for validation by the world.
There is someone who has no choice but to beleive in themselves.
We are living in stressful times. Look around you, almost every little thing has got the potential to mess up with your mind. Sounds familiar right?
Right, almost every person around you is able to get on your nerves and cause disruption to your peaceful mind. Why?
Perhaps, because that’s how this age is and you can’t change that. When things go your way it feels good and pleasant, but when they don’t it starts giving you a hard time.
It can take hours of explanation to bring someone else to the same page as you. It can take repeated calls, messages, emails to get your work done by third parties. It can take your whole energy managing your chores and kids throughout the day.
It’s difficult to be patient and keep the same smiling face all day for the people around you. But there are ways you can reduce stress and relax yourself.
Below are some highly effective Stress buster techniques for quick relief.
1. Grab an ice tea, lemonade or a green tea.
When you are stressed, you likely get yourself dehydrated. Grabbing a lemonade gets you refreshed and hydrated. Also lemonade contains vitamin C which can help with low blood pressure, digestion, skin aging problems as well. This is a delicious way of busting your stress out.
If you don’t like lemonade, grab an ice tea. Ice tea will boost you with antioxidants and suprising amount of manganese. Manganese is essential for maintaing strength in your bones and promotes wound healing.
Now, if you are not a cool beverage person and you only feel relaxed with hot beverages, you can make a quick green tea for yourself and reap its benefits.
Green tea contains natural oxidant catechin named EGCG (Epigallocatechin-3-gallate) which is known to prevent cell damage.
Green tea is not only refreshing but also but prevents you from certain types of cancer.
2. Just swing it !! Meditate in aesthetic enviornment.
Nature has the power to soothe the mind and body. Research says the color green has a soothing effect to the eyes. The human eye can relieve strain while it sees green.
If your enviornment is green, all you have to do is find a place to relax.
Grab your bean bags or put a swing in your balcony and relax. Watch the plants and trees, close your eyes and hear the sounds of the leaves and wind.
If you notice, the focus of modern interiors has shifted to making greenery spaces in the house and workplaces. People have developed a keen interest in having kitchen gardens, houseplants, terrace gardens. You can even find plants in the bedroom, living rooms believed to purify the air and a means to stay close to nature. So if you don’t already have it you can easily create it in your home. This is a great stress buster of all time.
3. Get a good sleep for an hour or two.
Not to mention, we all know the importance of sleep. So if you are feeling stressed and nothing works, draw your curtains, set your room to dark and get a good 1-2 hour of sleep.
Sleeping relaxes your muscles, you can finally stop thinking about whatever you were thinking the whole day atleast for an hour or so and get instant stress relief.
4. Take a shower/bath
As we are talking about instant remedies, this is one of the best ways to de-stress yourself quickly.
A survey of 80 people was conducted by Neil Morris, a known psychologist. He concluded that “..baths give you a wonderful combination of isolation, quiet and comfort…”
5. Relive an old memory
If you have your family album, childhood album, or wedding album, just sit back on the couch and start turning the pages.
As your brain goes back to the memory lane, it will also produce some happy harmones while you smile remembering those memories.
6. Talk to someone who can make you laugh
This one could be hard, but still doable if you have such people in your life. You should already feel blessed.
7. Excercise. Do the Jumping jacks
Let me make this easy for you. If you are not a regular workout person but you still want to try this remedy, just start with the jumping jacks.
Doing this simple excercise will instantly produce endorphins in your brain. Endorphins are chemicals that help relive pain and stress in the body. They promote positive feelings in the body and get you in a state of euphoria.
If you don’t like the jumping jacks, you can get started with yoga. See? No excuse for feeling better.
Start with simple yoga postures and deep breathing exercises.
Bottom line is
There are both short term and long term stress relief techniques. Above mentioned techniques will provide you quick relief.
Remember, stress will not get you any solution. It will only cloud your judgements and productivity.
Try to take things easy, give yourself the time it needs after a rough day at work. Be around positive people, do positive things that promote happy harmones, read my blogs and you are good to go. See? It’s that easy.
The most misunderstood emotion
When someone is silent they are not always angry, they are deeply Hurt
When someone is silent they are not arrogant, they chose to be humble by letting go and moving on
When someone is silent they are not disrespectful, they chose to respect you by not hurting you back
When someone is silent, you cannot hear them cry, their heart is learning to hold it inside
When someone is silent they are not hating you, they are loving you without showing it
When someone is silent they are not weak, they are one of the strongest people you ever met
When someone is silent they are not guilty, they don’t feel the need to prove their innocence to you
When someone is silent they do not despair, they hold the rope of hope for a better day
When someone is silent it is not a reaction, it is a thoughtful response.
Silence is not shallow, it is deep and rarely people understand it.
Are you guilty of comparing your loved ones or yourself to someone around you??
Did you grow up being always told to be like your siblings, or some random kid in the class or in your parent’s friend circle ? Is this sounding common to you??
This is the root cause of comparision, it all starts from childhood and the cycle continues, the same kid grows up being compared all his life and then does the same with his own kids too and this vicious cycle continues.
Now, what’s wrong with comparision? Aren’t you encouraging your child or friend or lover to be better by showing how others are doing it??
NO, YOU ARE PREPARING THEM FOR LOW SELF ESTEEM ISSUES WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY PUT THEM INTO DEPRESSION.
This not only happens to kids, but with adults too who once happened to be strong individuals who then lost themselves in this chaotic world.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO ENCOURAGE SOMEONE FOR THEIR BETTERMENT??
1. CELEBRATE THEIR INDIVIDUALITY. You need to understand human nature, every human has a set of skills, a temperament, their level of understanding which is unique from another human. This is FACT. Don’t try to alter and don’t try to make someone what they can’t be. Be at peace with their identity.
2. SUGGEST THEM, DONT FORCE. You know people become defensive when something is forced on them. Be it rituals, behaviours, rigid rules, culture norms etc. Ever faced anger moments when you stopped your friend from drinking? Or from husband/wife when you stopped them from behaving a certain way? Or from a kid whom you stopped for throwing tantrums?
3. APPRECIATE THEIR STRENGTHS The times we live in, it is hard for people to appreciate even their loved ones, hardwork goes unnoticed, small love gestures go unnoticed. Why? Wives are not appreciated by husbands for the work they put because it’s considered a obligation and vice versa. Kids are not appreciated by parents for scoring average marks because he was expected to get first-class. Couples don’t appreciate their elderly parents who brought them up for all the years. Friends don’t appreciate each other who go out of the way to make them feel special because some other friend did a bigger and even better act for them. Why? Why have people become so harsh to each other? Relax, it’s time to appreciate the little things in life, focus on people’s strengths, ignore their weaknesses because we all have in us.
4. DONT TALK, COMMUNICATE AT DEEPER LEVELS. Most of the people don’t know the difference between talking and holding a meaningful conversation. In this technology trapped world it is very easy to avoid much communication with anyone. This is a major cause which changes people’s behaviour towards their loved ones. Are you guilty of making someone feel lonely in a relationship? You definitely owe an apology. When was the last time you interacted with your loved one without any gadgets around, away from your screen. It is common to see one person talking, and the other one replying while using their smart screens. This often leaves the other person feeling neglected and less valued. If you are serious about your relation, make an effort to listen to them, come up with solutions, comfort them with your warmth, don’t brush of their worries just because you feel they are vague and not a big deal. Show empathy and affection, if they share it with you, it took a lot of courage to even speak about it. So don’t judge anybody for anything, you don’t have that right.
Everyone deserves to be treated best, don’t judge people or compare people.
When you compare each other, you don’t know the damage you are doing to their mental health, the person eventually will lose himself trying to meet those expectations and fall into depression which can even cost their life. This is a serious issue, respect each other for who they are. Follow positive constructiveness in relations and most important do it together, hand in hand. That’s when life will become meaningful.